Social and Solidarity Finance and Emergence of Continents
The concept of Social and Solidarity Economy (SSE) has mainly been developed in Europe and North America. Nevertheless, ESS is present on all continents. Although there are regional specificities, the SSE worldwide represents organizations that serve a social purpose rather than a profit. As a global network dedicated to social and solidarity finance, INAISE brings together pioneering and historical actors in the sector who support sustainable development, the social and solidarity economy and rural development. This year, INAISE’s international conference is taking place in Dakar, Senegal where the government has shown an interest in the issue of SSE with the creation at the end of 2017 of a Ministry of Solidarity Economy and Microfinance. There is also an emergence African but also other continents that take their place in this global social economy. In this context, what role does social and solidarity finance plays?
To answer this questioning, the conference will be articulated through the following four axes:
Axis 1: Financing Mechanisms of the Social and Solidarity Economy
Axis 2: Intercontinental Experiences: What can we learn from each other?
Axis 3: Financial tools to support agriculture
Axis 4: Innovative forms of financing
Venue of the conference
The conference will take place at the Hotel Ngor Diarama in Dakar.
*Please note that the agenda is subject to change
Registration to the conference
Registration fees are 130,000 CFA francs (about 200 euros) and cover conference participation, lunches, coffee breaks, dinners and documentation. Accommodation and transport costs are the responsibility of the participants.
To register, please complete the registration form.
To pay the registration fees by credit card, please proceed here: payment
For nationals of some countries a visa is required. If you need a visa, please contact us as soon as possible. We might be able to help you with the process.
The recommended vaccinations are: yellow fever, tetanus, poliomyelitis, diphtheria, BCG, MMR (measles, mumps, rubella), pertussis, meningitis A and C, typhoid. These vaccines are optional. Prevention against malaria is strongly recommended especially for short stays.
The CFA franc is guaranteed in euros by the French Treasury, but is not convertible outside the territory of the African countries members of the franc zone. You will have to change your euros on the spot.
It is possible to withdraw money from banks and distributors with a checkbook or credit card. Foreign exchange fees range from 3 to 5% depending on the institution.
Some merchants accept credit cards and euro checks.
10,000, 5,000, 2,000, 1,000 F and 500 FCFA (the latter from November 30, 2012)
500, 250, 200, 100, 50, 25, 10, 5 and 1 F
There are two seasons:
- a rainy season, from June to October, with a greater rainfall intensity from south to north;
- a dry season, from November to May, with temperatures between 22 ° C and 30 ° C, and significant variations between the coastline and the interior.
At the coast, especially between Saint-Louis and Dakar, the trade winds blowing along the coast are lowering temperatures.
In Dakar, the average daily maximum is 24 ° C from January to March and between 25 and 27 ° C in April, May and December. From June to October, temperatures reach 30 ° C.
For more practical information, visit: http://www.au-senegal.com/ (in French)
We negotiated preferential rates with some hotels near the conference
Hotel Ngor Diarama (Conference Location)
- Ngor Diarama: single room (sea view) + breakfast + tourist tax: 60,000 Fcfa
- Calao: single room + breakfast + tourist tax: 35,000 FCFA
For reservation or information
Send an email to email@example.com mentioning in the subject “Conférence INAISE”
Located 650 m (8 min walk) from the conference venue
- Standard single room BB: 52 500 FCFA / night / room
- Room sea view single or single studio BB: 57 500 FCFA / night / room
- Room sea view with balcony single BB: 63 500 FCFA / night / room
- Single BB Suite: 76,500 FCFA / night / room
- Tourist tax: 1,000 FCFA / night / person
- Airport / hotel transfer: 10,000 FCFA / journey / person
Net rates, VAT, service and continental buffet breakfast included.
Reservation according to availability.
Rates applicable for a minimum of 4 consecutive nights.
For reservations or information
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the subject “Conférence INAISE Dakar 2018”
2.4 km (about 10 minutes by taxi) from the conference venue
- 66,000 FCFA per person per night, including room, breakfast, VAT and government tax
For reservations or information
Email Reservations.email@example.com mentioning in the subject “Conférence INAISE Dakar 2018”
There are other hotel options that we recommend, however, no preferential rates have been negotiated with them:
- Airport Hotel https://www.booking.com/hotel/sn/casino-du-cap-vert.fr.html (Located 900 m from the conference)
- Fleur de Lys (Almadies) http://www.hotelfleurdelysdakar.com/ (Located 1.7 km from the conference)
- Fana Hotel https://www.booking.com/hotel/sn/fana-ha-tel.en.html (Located 2 km from the conference)
- King Fahd http://www.kingfahdpalacehotels.com/v2/ (located 3 km from the conference)
- Onomo https://www.onomohotel.com/ (located at 3. 6 km from the conference)
- Radisson Dakar https://www.radissonblu.com/en/hotel-dakar (Located 9.3 km from the conference)
- Terrou-bi http://www.terroubi.com/ (Located 11.3 km from the conference)
For any information about the conference, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org